How To Prepare
- Arrange for servicemen to disconnect any appliances with special connections. This is not the responsibility of the mover.
- See the motors of appliances such as washers and dryers are securely fastened down.
- Take down any fixtures such as hangers and drapery rods if you will be taking them with you.
- Arrange disposal of perishable goods from refrigerator, freezer or cupboards. It is essential
- that the inside of refrigerators and freezers be completely dry.
- Before the van departs, check your closets, basements and garage for possible leftovers.
- Arrange to take personal care of valuables such as jewellery, money, documents and furs.
- Notify your utility companies of your change of address and arrange cessation of service.
- Notify your Post Office, Life, Fire and Auto Insurance companies of your change of address.
- If moving out of town, ask your dentist and physician to recommend members of their profession at your new location.
- Notify the Department of Motor Vehicles of your change of address so that your automobile and driver's license will be correct.
- If you subscribe to magazines, newspapers, credit cards or other such facilities, be sure they are notified of your new address.
- Plants and pets are not the responsibility of mover.
- Arrange for transfer of your bank accounts. Transfer memberships in clubs and churches.
- If you pack small boxes with odds and ends, label them for later convenience.
- Some items such as flammables, firearms and ammunition, CANNOT be moved or require special consideration. Consult your mover.